Thursday 1 January 2015

Twenty 15!

Happy Twenty 15!!
And what better way to celebrate the new year than with a little arty sharing. This year I've  decided to do my creating a little differently.  I'm going to try and do a little creating in an Art Journal.. I'll still be doing my tags and bits and pieces, but I will be keeping them all in some way or form in a journal, well trying to anyway.. lets see how it goes..
My journal of choice is a small Dylusions Journal
 
SmallDyJournal_small
 
I spent a little time over the 31st Dec and today altering the front of my journal..  Of course as you have probably guess I’ve used a few of my favourite bits and pieces.. Tim Holtz ephemera and paper, tissue wrap and tape and alpha parts, and of course, Distress  markers!
It started off like this.. a few layers of old book paper, patterned paper, tissue wrap and ephemera pieces..
 
 
and then looked a little like this..
 
 
after a few more additions – some alpha parts, and a little bit of distressing with my black soot distress marker! – Seriously I love this marker! and would be lost without it!   It now  looked like this. ( the numbers for the 15 are cut from the round  numbered alpha parts in the Framed set.)

 
a few remnant rubs and a little more distressing.. and I was done.


 
 
 
and of course I had to alter the inside cover..

 
The Details:
 
Journal : Small Dylusions Journal
 
Embellishments:
Tim Holtz Idea-ology - Ephemera, paper, Tissue wrap, Tissue Tape, Remnant Rubs, Alpha Parts, Journaling Tickets
 
Inks & Markers: Distress Markers ( Black Soot, Broken China)
 
I can't wait to move into it and start creating! Here's to a wonderfully Creative  2015 for us all!  Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope to see you again soon!
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Great alteration Karen! I plan to use my nearly empty journal this year too - a new year resolution.... must cover it now too! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Happy journalling! Shell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful piece, Karen. I am new to your blog...by way of Paula Cheney's blog post showcasing some of the lovely pieces made for Tim's Ideaology booth at CHA. I had seen your beautiful folio but there was no name attached to it. I'm glad Paula is showing it on her blog and giving you some recognition for that gorgeous work. I am thrilled that everyone, not just those of us who attended CHA, can see what a beautiful piece you created. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my , that was one fabulous Journal Cover ( saw it at CHA ), was happy to see it up close here on your blog ( love that Paula and Tim do highlights for us).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The journal cover is great, I'm going to have to make one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the bits and pieces! This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant collaged cover... means you can still open up the journal to work in too, unlike lots of the extravagant versions you see!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popping in to say hi, and I miss seeing your amazing art!!

    ReplyDelete